The Gaming Highway

Thank you for flying The Gaming Highway. Please relax and enjoy your flight.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Gaming Highway

Thank you for flying The Gaming Highway. Please relax and enjoy your flight.

The Gaming Highway

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Gameway Portal is up. Click Portal for news, post info, and most importantly, our new affiliates! Another game is in the works and will be released soon. Also, everyone give a warm welcome to our new admin, Abrecan Eyndrill!

2 posters

The Wheel of Time - Robert Jordan

Poll

What do you think?

[ 3 ]
    The Wheel of Time - Robert Jordan I_vote_lcap75%The Wheel of Time - Robert Jordan I_vote_rcap [75%] 
    [ 1 ]
    The Wheel of Time - Robert Jordan I_vote_lcap25%The Wheel of Time - Robert Jordan I_vote_rcap [25%] 
    [ 0 ]
    The Wheel of Time - Robert Jordan I_vote_lcap0%The Wheel of Time - Robert Jordan I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    The Wheel of Time - Robert Jordan I_vote_lcap0%The Wheel of Time - Robert Jordan I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 4
    Flan
    Flan
    Of the Flan Flan Clan
    Of the Flan Flan Clan

Character Sheet
    Name: Rin Tachibana

The Wheel of Time - Robert Jordan Empty The Wheel of Time - Robert Jordan

Post  Flan Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:21 am

Personally, I think this series is phenomenal. It's a 14 (and counting) book epic fantasy series by Robert Jordan (RIP) until he succumbed to cancer, and Brian Sanderson, who is continuing Jordan's series with the help of Jordan's notes and his wife.

Plot goes like so:

Farmer boy & pals are disillusioned with life on the farm. Funny creatures attack said village, boys & magic lady are sent off to fix the world and stuff.

It gets better, I promise. In fact, the first time I read the first book, I felt it had a strong connection with LOTR (well, everything post-LOTR has a connection with that) and Eragon (Until I realized that Eragon came afterwards and that Paolini was still a plagiarizing faggot), but now that I'm familiar with the series, I know it's not similar in the least.

Numerous characters are introduced, a very well-characterized world is established, yada yada yada.

In the end, it's a really good series. Some fault it for its length and devotion to many subplots, but I find that to be its strength,, personally. If you want to read something fast-paced, go read Brent Weeks.
    DeathMachine
    DeathMachine
    Newfag

Character Sheet
    Name: Jamal hakon

The Wheel of Time - Robert Jordan Empty Re: The Wheel of Time - Robert Jordan

Post  DeathMachine Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:42 am

Yukarin-rin wrote:until he succumbed to cancer

Actually he died from heart disease, specifically Cardiac amyloidosis, not cancer.

On topic though I thought the book series was pretty good, some books were boring as hell but others were great.

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:54 am