The Gaming Highway

Thank you for flying The Gaming Highway. Please relax and enjoy your flight.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Gaming Highway

Thank you for flying The Gaming Highway. Please relax and enjoy your flight.

The Gaming Highway

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Gameway Portal is up. Click Portal for news, post info, and most importantly, our new affiliates! Another game is in the works and will be released soon. Also, everyone give a warm welcome to our new admin, Abrecan Eyndrill!

Posting Rules

Demi Ryu
    Demi Ryu
    Administratinator

Location : A very dark place. You call it hell, I call it home

Posting Rules Empty Posting Rules

Post  Demi Ryu Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:45 pm

Posting Rules

Check the thread title before joining:
    Does the title say “Open”? Does it specify certain people to post there? Basically, if you want to allow anyone and everyone ability to post in a threat, type “Open” after the thread name. Now this is within reason, as an Arrancar cannot simply waltz into Soul Society. This is why we have different threads for different places. If a thread does not contain “open” or some other form of specification, it is considered open. Within the thread you may also place certain specifications, like “Open for other to post watching the events unfold, but not to interfering with the events directly”. Things like that. Threads with a name after the title are to not be posted in unless by the specific person, in that case, you may PM the person who began the thread and ask them to join. When a thread is full, and the creator doesn’t want any more players joining, it is the creator’s job to put “Closed” at the end of the title.

Read a thread before joining
    Not joking people. Don’t just drop in the middle of a thread without knowing what it’s about. It’s just plain rude, and screams noob. If two people are rping about being in a fight, then you suddenly come in and rp about drinking in a bar, it just ruins the game for everyone. So there will be none of that. Punishments will be made to fit the crime.

Post Quantity
    I’ve already talked about this, but I want to reiterate. NO ONE LINERS! Posts must be at least 10 lines. It’s so frustrating when a player rps paragraphs… then gets a 5 word response. So none of that, seriously, Oh and if you are a character of higher rank, you must rp with at least 20 lines. Might as well set a good example for newer players.

Post Quality
    This has been covered as well, but again, I will repeat myself. Use correct grammar, spelling, punctuations, etc… Break down the other player’s post and follow up with your character’s responses. Use all 5 senses if need be, just remember, you are the character, and unless you are blind, you must tell us what you see. Writing out what your character thinks is another great way to earn brownie points.

Stealing threads
    This is when a person or persons join a thread, and begin to post back and forth at a very quick rate, leaving the others in the thread pretty much out of what is going on. Some people cannot post as often as others, and if you cannot be patient, start a different thread with other people who can.

Keep the Post Order
    If there are more than two players in a thread, this is when posting order comes into place. When the creator of the thread posts, then reposts, that is when the order begins. Let me give you a visual aid.

Creator
    Player2
    Player3

New player wants to join, so he must wait for the creator to post again, then wait for player 2 and 3 to post. Sometimes, if the action is directed in one place, the order can be mixed up, for sake of being realistic, but for the most part the player order will be kept. Just try your best. If a player does not post during their turn within 5 days, the next player may then post.

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:35 am